Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Music

I just realized that I associate music with what I was doing when I really loved that song.

For example:

No One by Alicia Keys will always be one of my favorites cuz I was on my cruise on my way to Jamaica with Trent, Erin, Sherise, and Greg. We were sitting at a table having a drink and we played it on my phone. Sherise, Erin, and I were belting it out cuz we all loved it.

Irreplaceable by Beyonce will always make me think of when I was back in Idaho around Christmas time. I listened to that song and spend time with my family and in my mind always though that everyone was replaceable in my life but my family.

Low by Flo Rida is the song I sang in Boise with Navee, Olivia and Erin... We were jammin out to it in the car when we were on our way back from Boondocks.

Back At One by Brian McKnight is a song that will always make me think of William. Long story short, we did have a good relationship with great communication.

Rihanna's Take A Bow will always remind me of Ty. He's a punk really. That just reminds me of the drama we had when I found out he was cheating...and how it all blew up in his face. That boy could talk his way out of anything...but not this time. I don't give second chances.

Bad Day by Daniel Powter will always remind me of working my 2nd job at JCP. I had to listen to that song so many dang times in that store that I wanted to crawl in a ball and cover my ears, humming lowdly to avoid listening to it!!!

I got 5 on it by Krazie Bone will always remind me of going to the A/C Lounge with Stan, KC, James, and two chicks who were fighting....It was when I was having marrital problems. That song signifies the only happiness I had in life at the time. I had such a great time and then I had to go home to my psycho ex husband. =( And...that night was one of my worst memories I have of my marriage. Not only did my husband basically force sex on me cuz he wanted to make sure I had not been with another man that night...but after 'he was done' he told me about the girl he thought was so amazing who he had gone on a date with that night. talk about humiliation....

Love by Keyshia Cole will always remind me of Jacoby. He loved music and he had a passion for Keyshia Cole's vocals. He downloaded that song on my computer and talked about her so much.

Ordinary People by John Legend makes me think of Sheldon. I'll never forget the way I felt the first time I heard it.. Sheld and I were on the way to the hospital to visit his friend and his wifey who had just had a baby... We were hand in hand. I was so happy because we were such good friends. I was so comfortable with him. I remember layin my head back and lookin out the window thinking that I was exactly where I wanted to be. With a great man, going to visit his closest friends for the first time. It was a beautiful friendship with no worries, no stress, and no reason to argue. All we wanted was to be together. It was so close to perfection that I couldn't imagine anything better.

Weak by SWV.... one word. Karaoke. When I was going to karaoke every Thursday night, this was one of my favorite songs ever.

I Want You Back by The Jackson 5 will always remind me of going to work in Island Park. We worked there for a summer and we used to jam out to this song in our sports bras (because Kimmi didn't believe in using A/C and it was like 100 degrees everyday!!) and construction workers would always be checking us out as we blasted our busic and belted out the lyrics. Good Times.

Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade will always be Nichole's song. Cuz she dedicated it to me and I loved it. Cuz we truly are great friends and it is hard to find great friends! Lol.

Rockstar by Nickelback will always remind me of my sister. We were driving up to the lake in Boise to go camping the first time I heard that song. I loved it. It was an awesome weekend on the lake and I freakin loved jet skiing!

Coldplay's The Scientist will always remind me of Kristi Jo and Jake...and when we went on a double date. Jake took us to the top of whatever mountain is in Boise and we looked at the lights and then went to JIB. haha... it was good times and then we went to Jake's and burned CD's.

Get Low by Lil John was the first song I danced to in a club... in Boise. Wow. I went with Tony and this chick who was good on that pole... don't remember her name but she was cool.
Celine Dion's The Power of Love will always remind me of Shaylee Jo... Cuz we used to go to Pocatello all the time to see Sherise and that little girl knew ever word of that song and she would belt it out. I loved listening to her sing on our car ride.

Vitamin C's song Graduation will always remind me of Crystal. My best friend from 5th grade. We sat and listened to that song and promised our friendship would never die. I think it died. Probably my fault...who knows.

Chairlift's Bruises will always remind me of Jorge and VEGAS! That song played over and over at the mall there! Jorge loved it.. I hated it. Lol.

Anyways, I love music. And I'm glad for the memories it brings to my life... good, bad, and everything in between.

1 comment:

The Shill Spill said...

You are the one I associate people and music with. If ever there was someone gave me the awareness to people, memories, and music...it was you! (I still do it too!) Thanks for the good memories!