I have realized that I corrupted my family. Not only do I not talk to my brother who I talked to every single day before he moved here...but I don't talk to my mom who I talked to every single day while Adam was here.
AND my mom doesn't do our monthly family newsletter anymore.
AND for the 1st time in 5 years, we didn't get Halloween baskets from my parents.
AND honestly....the worst corruption that has taken place is in my own heart. Cuz I could care less about any of it. I honestly don't even notice. I have gotten closer to some friends here. I have gotten closer to both my sisters.
All in all, it has made me more independent. I realize...NOBODY is always there for you. Not even family. So when the sun goes down, all you got is yourself. And thats all I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment