I just talked to my nephew, Taylor and realized how much I MISS HIM!!!! I love that kid. Even though he is almost a grown man now. I've always loved the kid. He and I have always just been close. I'll never forget our heart to heart talk when his dad got in a boating accident. He was 10. I was 20. We didn't know much about how bad his dad was. We cried together. We had a heart to heart talk cuz he was pretty sure he was going to have to be the man of his house and he kept saying, "I'm only 10! I can't be the man of the house! I need my dad!" It broke my heart. I even remember where we were... him and Adam had just argued. I don't think they have ever gotten along that great... and so he and I ran over to the bridge across the street and sat there. That was right before I got married. When I got divorced, he came to see me in San Diego. I spent a week showing him around. We stayed so busy and man...we got exhausted. One morning we went to breakfast at Denny's and he was sleepin on the table. I was tired too. We wore each other out! Later in the week we were kind of arguing about what to do and I realized how moody I was so I finally said, "Taylor, I am really sorry. I don't hate you. I love you to death...but I have been on my own a while and I am sooo not used to having a second opinion. I'm sorry."
I invited him to go to the Boise State football game and I am hoping he gets to. I would love for him to come spend the weekend with us. I love the kid so much!!! I don't have a favorite nephew...but this kid... he and I have a bond that can't be beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment