Now that this trip was over a month ago...and I am about to go to Idaho for a new trip...I figure maybe I'll post it.
Well, first thing you need to know.. I am just a grown kid. At heart, I still want to be 8 yrs old. So when I walk into a house of kids... I'm gonna act just like them and I will have the time of my life and make sure they do too. They need to have fun! So you probably know how many times I got in trouble by Courtney! lol... she would say, "what are you kids doing?!?" then see me and start laughing cuz she knew I was up to no good. LOL. But in my defense... I apologized several times for teaching her kids bad things. haha
Okay..with that being said, here are the things I absolutely LOVED about my vacation this past week...
Nov 5
-Watching the sun rise from the plane. I got a window seat and it was amazing to see the sun come up from that seat. It was gonna be a gorgeous day...even if the CUTE guy next to me wouldn't stop snoring!!! argh... lol.
-The flight attendant was soooo hilarious. As we walked on to the plane she kept saying, "If you aren't a BSU fan, you are not gonna like this flight" and she kept yelling "go broncos" at random times. She came back and talked to a group of about 10 of us who were in Boise State gear and was sooo funny. At the end of her safety announcements she said, "I'll be handing out tissues for the Hawaii fans as you leave the plane today. You will need them when your team loses." It was hilarious.
-Talking to Greg and Sherise as they were driving, but being so overtaken at the foliage. It was a great time to go to Boise cuz of the reds, oranges, yellows, and greens in the trees. Absolutely astonishing. I loved it!
-Walking into Sherise's work and everyone knew me. I suck at names so I always forget most of them but even the doctors knew who I was. I like that... =) And they were excited for Sherise and just kept telling her to have a great time this weekend.
- Hanging out with Sherise, Trent and Erin, and the girls for lunch. The girls always make me laugh.
-Taking goofy pictures with the girls. Trent came in and said, "Did you take enough pictures?!?" Well no... cuz we are girls. And being goofy is what we do best!
-Walking around Fairy Park. Its fun to be a kid...so running around there was fun. We pretended to be statues. We kissed statues. We blew fairy dust with a statue. Oh yeah...and when Sherise almost left her purse behind...Olivia and I hid it in her purse so Sherise couldn't find it. It was absolutely HILARIOUS when Sherise figured out she left it.
-Swimming at the Hot Springs. Wow...what a fun place to go. The plan was to go back...but when Cheese broke her left foot and right leg...we couldn't quite make it back. It was awesome though. Tiki torches surrounded the place since there was no electricity in the mountains. And the pools of sulfur water (yes...natural hot springs..so it was mineralized and smelled funny...) ranged from lik 120 to probably 80 degrees. It was an awesome place.
Nov 6th
-Taking my sis to the doctor. My big sis has always taken care of me. So for a change, I got to help her out. I took her to the doctor and yelled at her as she was about to try to walk. I got a wheel chair and wheeled her around the hospital. OH yeah...and I only ran her into a wall once! Lol.
-Taylor getting there! I was soooo freakin stoked to see Taylor. That boy is growing more and more every time I see him. And I love the kid. We were walking into the hospital to get my sister and he was limping... the nerd tore some ligaments and sprained the ACL when he was jumping his dirt bike. As we waited for x ray results and doctors and etc, we laughed and joked about the two gimps. Taylor showed us the video of him on the jump that messed him up. It was fun to b.s. with those two!
-Shopping for Sherise's crutches. We made her stay in the car and got up to the counter only to find that I didn't even grab my ID or debit card as I took Sherise to the doctor. Taylor had to use his ID and sign to get Sherise's narcotics. HILARIOUS. Taylor and I shopped for Boise State stuff while we were waiting for the prescription to be filled and we had fun getting stuff for the game. We had all kinds of stuff we were going to wear.
-Seeing Taylor's excitement at the game. We got so hyped up and it was a pain for Sherise to get in to her seat. Taylor and I cheered so freakin loud. We, along with all the other fans, were going wild. It was awesome to share that experience with Taylor. I got to take him to his first MLB game and his first NCAA Football game. =)
-Telling the girls about Sharks, wholphins, and beluga whales. The girls had this thing for lookin stuff up on my phone so we were discussing the ocean and sharks. I told them beluga whales are my favorite and somehow we got talking about wholphins. They looked at pictures of all of them on my phone. but suddenly, I got my phone back and there was pictures of justin bieber there!!! Silly girls! But the girls remembered what I said. Later Halle asked me a question about the sharks and said, "but they don't like the way people taste, huh?" I couldn't believe she listened when I said that.
-Seeing Candi was cool even if it was only for a split second. We went out to their tailgate after the game but her and Trey weren't there. I wish I coulda went out to the tailgate with her and chilled but I didn't wanna leave my sister and nephew behind so I chose wisely on my priorities. I really wanted to go to her show...but Sherise was worn out after the game and so we had to improvise. She went home and laid on the couch with her feet up...and I played with the girls.
-Playing with the girls!!! We rocked out to Just Dance 2! We sat in the hot tub! We had a delicious BBQ with burgers, deviled eggs, and crab potato salad! Oh...and me and Liv got some one on one time in the hot tub, which was nice. =) Olivia is soooo good at Just Dance. She would more than double my score almost every time (not that I should admit that)!! But I just play to have fun. Good times giggling amongst the girls...
-Sunday morning I went to crawl in bed with my sister. It was funny cuz I went to lie on Greg's side of the bed and their cat was in the middle...and he HISSED AT ME!!! He wasn't about to let me lie in the Greg's spot. So I just sat there. haha. We had a good morning talk and laughed, as always. It is always fun to laugh so hard with my sis.
-I got my nose pierced. I absolutely love it. Like REALLY love it. haha
-My favorite restaurant I have ever been to is Texas Roadhouse. I love it. EVERY time I go home, I have to go there. Its like the #1 priority on my list. Trent's family went with Sherise and I and it was soooo good. I got a ribeye and ribs with potatoes and it was DELICIOUS. My brother and his wife also got ribeye and my sis got ribs. We ate so much dang food it was gross. ha!
-After napping for a couple hours at my brothers house, the girls were ready for dessert. We had to go get frozen yogurt! Haha. We went to TCBY and ate again. Navee, Halle, and Olivia got a rainbow ice cream of red, blue, and yellow. It was SOOO messy for Halle. she got BLUE EVERYWHERE!!!
-We got to go home and watch Extreme Home Makeover. My brother was actually on the show. Ha! His one second of fame. He was cutting a board right after they talked about the indoor outdoor porch and the guy says, "who is for bacon and eggs?". Exactly halfway through the show. Yup...thats Big J....my brother Jason. Mitch also helped on the home but wasn't shown on the show. I was told it was ridiculous there. The men were bringing their wives cuz they all wanted to be on tv. It kinda defeated the purpose of the cause. I do a lot of volunteer work and I hide from the cameras. Literally.
-Another fun thing I did...or maybe FUNNY thing I did... was take care of my sis. You know, she has always taken such good care of me. She came to Cali to take care of me when I got my wisdom teeth out. And she sent me money to go shopping when I got divorced cuz she knew how depressed I was. She has always been my one and only confident in EVERYTHING. And we have always been so close...like talk every day close. I love her. So on this trip..I WASHED HER FEET! LOL! Well, she broke her left foot and right leg at the same time. So she was in a lot of pain and felt nasty. So we went and bought baby wipes so we could clean her leg and paint her toe nails. Or moreso...so I could do that for her. I complained a few thousand times..but I did it. Nah, I gave her a hard time and kept saying, "This isn't what I came here for!" I also brought everything she needed from upstairs down to her so she could spend 6 weeks getting ready downstairs. We went shopping to get her everything she'd need for 6 weeks as well. AND I cleaned up her cat shit! No joke...they are in the process of being potty trained so they have accidents. Well...I cleaned it up for her and reminded her several times... "wanna know how you can tell I love ya??? CUZ I CLEANED UP CAT SHIT AND I FREAKIN HATE CATS!!!" We laughed about it numerous times.
-Monday I was reminded why I hate Idaho. That so freakin cold feeling that your bones hurt, you can't move your fingers, it hurts to breathe, and you just feel miserable......well, I hate it. So I was thankful to be going home to San Diego.
-San Diego was HOT when I got here. But San Diego didn't last long. I spent a half hour unpacking Idaho cold weather clothes and packing Cali warm weather clothes and headed up to Anaheim to hang with Mitch, Court, n Fam. It was a long drive and I already felt exhausted, but I couldn't wait to go see the kids so I had huge motivation to drive fast.
-Right when we got to the hotel, I went into the room with the kids and we were jumping on the bed. LOL. The kids had their pillows and were doing air guitar strings on them. It was funny...til mom walked in! haha.. Courtney came in and was "What are you guys doing??"...sees me...and says, "CHRISTY!!!!" I just laughed. As I did about 20 times as I got in trouble that week!
-The first night, the kids went swimming at the resort and Mitch n I got some bonding time. I had forgotten that my niece, Autumn had drowned. While we were watching the kids swim, Mitch told me how devastating it was to pull her body from the water and try to get her to breathe again. I was astonished and could feel his passion and frustration as he told me the story. It almost brought it to now just hearing him tell it. I have to admit, for the rest of the week with the kids, I was pretty fond of Autumn being there. I let he sleep in my bed and just watched her, thanking God that he didn't take her from us. I love the kids so much and I would have been devastated.
- Autumn and I cuddled as we went to bed that first night. I was a little concerned at how she tossed and turned. I thought for sure that she was having nightmares, so I woke her up a couple times as she tossed and turned and she would say, "no. I just can't get comfortable." Well...in the night, I got kicked in the face four or five times. LOL. I teased her about it the next day a bunch and she kept sayind, "I didn't mean to!" and we would laugh. I love the girl and it was kinda fun teasing her.
-The 2nd day, I started the day by going to get tix from a company discount location. I went with Courtney's mom, and I gotta admit, I was slightly nervous. I hadn't talked to her too much in the past and I am not too good at conversating. I am more of a sit back, and check out whats around me than a center of attention type of person (the only exception to that rule is when I am at Dora's..and for some reason my other personality escapes...) Anyhow, it turned out to be fun. We talked about everyone and everything and just had a good time.
-We went to California adventure and I loved it. We went over California soaring, and I have been to about 95% of the things they show on that ride (praise the Lord for giving me those opportunities)so I was narrating it. Its one of my favorite rides. The kids went on California Screamin like 50 times. I went twice and had a headache. Plus... I have too many piercings for rides. They get bumped around and it makes for sore ears for weeks.
-I introduce Mitch n Court to some great things that trip. I took them to a taco shop and did my sampler platter I always make everyone try. I also got some mexican spices for fruit and made them try it. I cooked breakfast every morning...and the kids told me I make PERFECT eggs. I made mickey mouse pancakes too.
- I got to take Taylor to the beach for her first time. It is awesome to watch kids jump and play in the water. I loved watching Taylor Lee and Taylor Crapo play. They were giggly..and even though it was only about 65 degrees that day, they didn't care. They were soaked! I also kept taking pictures of Mitch and Courtney. I made them kiss or pose certain ways or made them do goofy faces with the kids. It was fun.
-I enjoyed the new shows at Sea World. They were amazing. And the kids went on Atlantis like 50 times. It was fun for them though. Caydence and I got to feed the dolphins. It was really cool. The other kids chickened out cuz they saw people in wet suits and thought we'd have to do that. Problem is..we didn't know that til the feeding was over so they just missed out all together.
-At Disneyland I got a lot of time with Taylor. We walked around and had so much fun together. I try to give each of the kids individual attention and she loved it. I love that girl.
-The last day we went to the beach and just let the kids play all day. They loved boogie boarding and playing in the sand. It was cold tho. I don't know how they were in that water! I was sad at the airport for them to be leaving again. I bought them all something to do on the plane and parted. When Court got home, she text me and said, "Taylor says she already misses you!" Ha... I missed them too.
No comments:
Post a Comment