So, I've had medical problems since the day I was born. I mighta said this before. Miraculously lived through meningitis, growing up I wasn't too bad but through college it was endless strep throat. Over and over and over again, I'd get it. Til I finally took my tonsils out. Then it was my kidneys... and it took a lot of adjusting to get myself away from those issues. Look up the things that cause kidney stones... actually, I just did it for you. I just pulled my electronic medical record so you could see my diet instruction for two ongoing years...
Preventing kidney stones
Some changes in your diet will help prevent kidney stones. Your doctor or recommends that you:
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. Avoid coffee, tea, and alcohol. Also avoid grapefruit juice.
- Avoid antacids that contain calcium hydroxide or calcium carbonate, such as Tums and Mylanta.
- Limit the amount of salt (sodium) in your diet.
- Limit the amount of vitamins C and D in your diet.
- Eat a balanced diet that is not too high in protein.
- Avoid foods that are high in a substance called oxalate. These foods include green vegetables, rhubarb, chocolate, wheat bran, nuts, cranberries, and beans.
Okay, really?!?! WTF was I supposed to eat or drink besides water and bread? The pain that came with kidney stones every 6-8 weeks...wait let me check my med history... 20 times in 3 years of history (you do the math on that cuz I'm too lazy...)... was so bad. I would lie in my bed in tears, freezing but with a sky rocket fever...just trying to get warm. I would overdose on Ibuprofen even tho I hate taking pills just to try to subside the fever and pain. That was a time in my life I'll never forget and I hope never repeats itself. I went to a party one night when I was diagnosed to play games with friends. I sat on the couch and they could tell I was just DRAINED. I couldn't even smile and that isn't like me at all. I am one of the happiest people you will ever know. And I got these bad enough that one look at my history and the nurses wouldn't even make me go in. They would give me the strongest kidney medicine they could and tell me to have someone go get it from the pharmacy. Night or day...one phone call and I was on my way. Grr... just thinkin about that pain makes me want to roll into the fetal position under blankets.
After I finally miraculously got through that... I got into an accident and hurt my knee. It still is bruised and swollen over 2 years later. Blah.
I've gone through the migraines, but those are a cinch compared to previous problems.
Well now we have the newest of all problems. I haven't had a period since January. I thought I was pregnant and William was super happy about that. I guess I wasn't thrilled, but I wasn't disappointed either. I know what sex is so even though I was on birth control at the time I thought I might be pregnant, I know it isn't fool proof. So I was taking pregnancy tests...negative, negative...went in to the doctor..negative. Broke my toe and they wanted to do xrays so they did another blood test and urine test, negative and negative. Well that had her even more concerned so she ran a bazillion fertility tests to make sure I was still fertile, good..good. good..good. Everything normal. Ahhh... staph infection in my broken toe! YAY! more doctor recommendations... more pregnancy tests. And its come down to the point, I have one of three things which are all things I oviously don't want. They figure it is damage to my uterus (William could do that..LOL! Aww man, I am just kidding, calm down! I kinda need some humor in all this!), the second is that it could be cysts in my ovary/whatever nasty stuff women have going on up there, and the third is a tumor on the brain that could be causing that part of my brain to not function correctly. All awesome. I'm excited. Well, not really...but I've learned to deal. I first had spots on my uterus when I was 22 and had to be checked every 3-6 months til they disappeared so I'm kinda used to this shit by now. I just wanna get it over with. Its more comforting to have an unwanted period than to keep waiting and not know what is wrong. I'm tired of it all, honestly. Its been freakin me out for several months now.
But as always, I am lucky to have that amazingly sexy man who supports my everything..who is my everything. Love you, sweetheart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment