Some friends have been requesting I start a blog... and I caved.
All good blogs start with an introduction to who the writer is...so here we go. The way I see myself.
I’m the average country girl that grew up in a small town on a farm in Idaho. I'm not perfect, but I am ME. And I love everything about that. My teeth aren't straight, my eyes are too big, my boobs are too big, my smile is usually crooked (I CANNOT fake a smile...), I have the goofiest laugh, my feet are big, I have terrible sight, I am in no way skinny, I have scars that make it hard to wax my eyebrows straight, my thumbs only have one knuckle, my toes are too long (u only notice when I wear heels that cover the toes cuz I always have toe crack cuz they don't cover my entire toe!!!), I have wide child-bearing hips, my upper lip is too narrow, my cheeks are chubby and I have ALWAYS had a double chin (even when I was skinny), my tongue is pierced, my body temperature is low...so I am ALWAYS hot and sweat more than the average person, I prefer to be girlie with acrylic nails and makeup...but I am ruggid enough to still be the one playing in the mud, I'm very private about my life, I'm sarcastic more times than not, I see the good in everyone (which usually causes me to get burned by those I consider friends), I can be seen as conceited if you don't know me very well, I tend to not have too many feelings and rarely show emotion, I always have smart ass remarks & love to play rough with the guys, I'm tough and will rarely take peoples b.s. from anyone, I can persuade people to do most anything, I'm too independent, I will rebel against any rules or structure that is placed before me...just cuz I can, I hate to wear shoes & socks (although if you looked at all the shoes I own, you'd definitely question that...), I'm very opinionated, I'm unforgiving and more honest than a person should be, I'm too quiet most of the time, but hell, I make the most of every imperfection I have! And I absolutely love my imperfections...they prove I am human and give me something to brag about. Lol.
I’m calm & collected, but determined & ambitious. I'm laid back, I hate drama. Very few will know the details of my life but I’m very open & honest to those I consider friends. I’m witty, spontaneous, enthusiastic, I prefer the outdoors to indoors, I love family....especially my nieces and nephews. I'm determined and never give up, I’m very open-minded. I’m not a quitter. I'm motivated & focused & good at getting what I want. I'm pretty laid back & friendly, but I can be intimidated easily. I want to sky dive, cliff jump, & rock climb...or anything that is out of the ordinary everyday things... I love action, risk & competition & I like to try everything at least once. . I love family & that comes from having 6 brothers, 2 sisters, & 23 nieces & nephews. We’re very close as a family. I know how to cook & clean up after the "boys". I hate fights & arguments & I’m quick to apologize when I know I'm wrong. I like a lot of freedom to play but I’m very loyal to those who make me feel safe. I’m hard-working & dependable. I can't help but think the best of those around me. I hate rules & anyone who attempts to control me. Life is too short not to have fun, so I’m always smiling & laughing as I work to perfect my better qualities...
I definitely have good and bad about my personality... Now for what makes me who I am: work, friends, school, love, and my passion in life.
Work: I love my job...most days. I'm the take charge kind of person and have struggled the past year having to take the back seat to someone else. Finally, I am in a position to take charge again. I learned much quicker than expected and I'm doing well. (FINALLY!!!) The people I work with speak highly of me. They see me as sarcastic funny, yet very personable. Even when I met with clients, I was very well liked. It was fun cuz I kinda looked some people up and down and they thought I was being stuck up...when in actuality, I was lookin at their jerseys makin note we couldn't be friends cuz they were Raider and 9ers fans! So...after they got that squared away, they had so much fun with me. I gotta admit we have fun at work. I love my team of co-workers. It took time to get my humor (and I can only imagine what was said about me)...but once you get to know me pretty well, you start to understand me.
My friends are the best...I only have time to keep the best around! I love them and would do anything for them. I keep very, very few friends really close and really, I don't stay in contact with many people from my past either... but the friends I do have, I'd take a bullet for any day of the week.
Most of my time is spent on school work...which I'm not even sure what I want my degree in really. I just like to learn new things. I'm weird like that. I take after my daddy and don't believe in an idle mind. I even started reading novels again this past week. Lol...don't ask when I find the time for that.
Love...I've written an entire blog dedicated to love...so you have to read that one next. (or maybe you already will have when you read this...who knows?!?)
Oh! And I LOVE culture... Here is my passion in life. Traveling is the best thing that was ever invented. I'm lucky to be able to travel a lot... but I have to spend some of that vacation time in Idaho...although, its usually never really that bad. I wish my family would bring their horses, boats, quads, etc to San Diego. My life would be much better. I could travel to new places then and still have the fun of all the farm life toys.
1 comment:
Why don't you do something with culture and traveling? (I don't have any fancy names for you here...but I do know you'd be great at it!)
This post sounds like you! (Even some of the stuff I've never thought of!)I feel honored to still play some role in your life, no matter how small it may be. :)
Soooo excited to keep up with you!
Post a Comment