Monday, May 24, 2010

Volunteering

So I volunteered at a City of Hope Cancer Walk on Saturday. The downside was...I was there to have fun and that was really hard while talking to a bunch of cancer patients. All I could do was be thankful I wasn't one. I met a lady who was on her 40th day with a new bone marrow transplant. OUCH! I met someone who was going in for Chemo the next day. A lady who had only one breast. Luckily, I didn't meet any kids with cancer. But on the upside, I met a really hot guy. His name is Enrique. Mmm... Enrique. I helped "sell" his product by giving samples away. He told me he is going to give me a call to help him when he is in SoCal. I will help him with ANYTHING he needs. lol. Sexy man. He gave me 5 cases of his product, which was cool. He was advertising for a Ginger beer (non alcholic!) and it was SOOOOOOOOo good. I love ginger. I could eat it straight up. A lot of it. And it was nothing like gingerale. Not so sweet and not carbonated. It was delicious. =)

As always it was a good experience. The only downside to volunteering so much is that I don't feel like I have much of a weekend. =(

No comments: