I wish I was with my man for the holidays, but nevertheless I am feeling pretty blessed lately. I am very lucky to have such a great man "by my side" (in a sense that he can't be there in person, but is always there in spirit to support me). I love being his girlfriend and hope that one day we will BOTH be ready to take those next steps in life to be one. He is the reason I have been able to handle so much grief and craziness lately. I love him so much!
I am also feeling pretty grateful for a lot of great friends. I love my homies.
I got to catch up with Kristi yesterday and I was glad that I got that opportunity. We weren't always the best of friends, but I can't figure out why. She is one of the most real, most accepting people I have known. She is real...as real as you can get. I like that cuz I haven't found many people in Idaho to be like that. They all wear these fake grins and pretend they are perfect...as well as everything in their life. It bugs the hell out of me. Nobody's life is perfect and I give more credit for admitting mistakes and taking fault in them than pretending that life is perfect. Just be real!
This past weekend I had issues with my kidneys again. It made me laugh because Jorge...the (not-so-)heartless person he tries to be was telling me to stay home and get rest and just take care of myself. It was his Christmas party...I wanted to be there so I went all sick. My body was fighting so hard to get rid of the sickness in me that I had absolutely no energy to play games and wasn't the crazy girl I usually am. Everyone could tell...but everyone just let me be. Jorge is awesome. He would have my back for anything. Its good to have a friend here that is so willing to help me get through so many things.
Another friend who I work with that I work super close to...is Clarina. She has become one of my greatest and most trusted confidents. We butt heads sometimes at work because we are both very good at what we do and take it seriously, as well as both of us being so strong willed...and me being the one who wants shortcuts to everything...and I wouldn't say I am lazy, but I want the shortest route to a correct answer and I'll work harder on finding a shorter way than on the project sometimes. And then her being the one who doesn't want to miss a step...always having everything throrough and visible for everyone to clearly see. It makes for some very interesting debates...arguements....fights. lol. But she is awesome. I love hanging out with her.
I was recently invited to go to Dora's for Christmas to hang out with her family. They re enact the nativity scene..in Spanish, of course. I swear I will be learning Spanish in 2010. I have to... cuz her family is like my family...and I can't communicate with all of them. There are some that know my name and will invite me to everything, and we can't even talk to each other. I love them! I love and appreciate her family so much. They treat me like their own. I haven't been there for like 6 weeks and I am ready to go see them again so I hope I can make it on Christmas. =)
I love the season that makes me thankful for things in my life. I remember this time last year I was feeling pretty blessed as well. Its awesome to have the spirit of Christ in your everyday actions. I wish people felt this way all year long instead of just a few weeks out of the year. I guess that feeling could start with me. I just need to change my attitude for the rest of the year instead of only at the end of the year when I reflect on the changes...improvements or otherwise.
P.S. Sorry if my punctuation or spelling isn't always the best on this boring blog... I usually feel like writing when I am pressed for time at work for some reason. So I usually type so fast that I make a lot of mistakes and there is no time for me to proofread. I wouldn't be suprised if I started a sentence with one thought and finished the sentence with another. I am so scatter brained. But if anyone reads this... I am apologizing now...its probably the only one you will ever get!
1 comment:
This is the sweetest post! That was nice of you to say. Miss you. Lets plan our Utah trip ASAP.
Post a Comment