This past weekend was the first weekend in as long as I can remember when I actually took my three day weekend (aka not going in on Saturday for overtime pay) and it doesn't feel like it! I purposely didn't go in to work cuz I needed me time... lots of me time.... and I didn't get it! I wanted to sleep for 3 days straight... just go to bed at night, wake up to shower, and go back to bed... and I didn't get to do it!
Given I had softball on Thursday night so I didn't go to bed til like 2am and only slept til 8 on Friday morning cuz I had a Chiro appt. It was nice... I love his massage therapist with a passion so great... She leaves me feeling so good. She knows that a deep tissue massage is...and I love it. I also got my first adjustment. It felt good. I liked it a lot. I have another one next week. After that I had an appt to get my hair did in Del Mar so I went with my homegirl to lunch in Del Mar and then did that. I love Del Mar. Seriously...you drive down Del Mar Heights toward the beach...and its breathtaking. It makes me realize I spend far too little time at the beach. I love the beach. After we did our hair, I made Shelley go down there with me. We walked along the shoreline on the railroad tracks. I have always loved railroads for some reason..but walking on it right next to the ocean...with the crashing waves sounding in the back ground... Yeah, thats how I should spend more of my time! After the beach, we went to happy hour to see Lex with Jorge. I was sad that the hot boy I saw there a couple weeks ago wasn't there. I haven't seen him since. After happy hour, I watched Brooklyn's Finest as I was falling asleep. I found out I had a virus on my computer...and since I am kind of a computer nerd, it drove me crazy. I couldn't watch a 2nd movie cuz I was going crazy thinking about this virus. I started an anti-virus software program and then an ad-aware program and went to bed. It was like 12-1 when I finally actually went to sleep.
You can bet I was awake by 7, trying to fix the damn computer. It was driving me crazy. Anti-virus didn't find anything and neither did ad-aware. Sooo...I had to search every folder on my hard drive to find out what was downloaded recently. I ended up finding it at like 10am and so I finally got it deleted and fixed myself breakfast. I watched The Fourth Kind.. crazy movie. A little off... but it was good. Then I watched Valentines Day. It was cute... a little chick flickish, but took little thinking. I fell asleep for about 3 hours, then decided to go to dinner. Nick and I went to Godfathers. WOW. That is the nicest restaurant I have ever been to. I was far underdressed. The waiters were in tuxedos. It was crazy. Delicious food, great service, romantic environment... not sure I was lookin for that with Nick...but whatever. After that I went to Jorge's cuz Penny was there. We just talked/chilled/drank wine,champagne for a while then we went to eat. LOL... and yes girl, I ate again. We went to a place that has bomb Belgium waffles, so I sure did get one! After we ate, Jorge convinced me that we needed to watch the original Alice in Wonderland so I could go see the one in theaters...so we did. I fell asleep during it cuz I thought it was boring..but don't tell him! lol. I got home after 12 again.
We planned on going to watch a movie at 10am Sunday morning, but yeah....we sure didn't get up. So we made plans for 12.50pm movie and I went back to sleep. Surprisingly (or not) I went back to sleep at 9am and slept until 11:30am without stirring at all. I got up, got ready for the movies and watched Alice in Wonderland..then Our Family Wedding. They were both good. I laughed so hard at Our Family Wedding. I could seriously see that happening if I married William. My grandfather would faint if he saw me with a black man... The whole movie was hilarious to me. After the movies, we went country dancing. I am not much of a country dancer. I only did it once.. but I just chill with friends while there. I should dance more. My boy, Casey, promised he was gonna show me up when he moves here so I gotta start practicing. So last night at 12am, I finally got home. It was a good day, but today...I am feeling VERY tired. So 9pm bedtime tonight cuz this sucks!
1 comment:
If I went to a place called Godfathers I would so assume it was a pizza joint. How fun! I have been craving going to a really nice restaurant and getting all dressed up and stuff, maybe some rhinestones for the hair. Ha ha. JK about he rhinestones.
So I have been debating dying parts of my hair hot pink. There was this girl at the gym with this amazing hair that was hot pink, I was obsessed with it. Not super conservative though, if I wanted to actually find another job not sure that I should do it.
I know what you mean about the family opinions of the grandfather. My grandparents call black people "darkies" its really embarassing. My mom got really mad once and yelled at them about it, it was amazing to see her just snap.
Hope things are good.
Post a Comment