They are cool. I work in conjunction with them. AND I especially LOVE dating them. =) Lol.
BUT....Since I have been 17 and started having kidney problems...I have hated being sick. I mean before that...technically it meant a day off from school, which was cool. Now not so much on the cool thing. Luckily...by some miracle... I don't have problems with my kidneys anymore. Some say they are so bad that I am numb to the pain now. Who knows... and as long as I don't have to take Cipro no more... who cares?
Check this drug out...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciprofloxacin. It is used a last resort when no other medication will work. It can treat E.Coli and Anthrax. This crap was my lifeline...I had it on me 24/7 for three years straight (when I started working at Kaiser...) because I could feel my kidney swelling and knew exactly when to take it...and my doctors knew it. If I didn't take it, I could expect to miss work for a few days with a fever around 103 and feeling so cold that a hot bath or all the blankets in the world couldn't help with. I'd be in a ball on my bed in so much pain, I'd literally wish I was dead. And half the time I'd call my mom or sister, crying...telling them just that... I'd rather be dead. I was put under all kinds of tests... I had to do these awful tests where they filled my veins with iodine and did CT Scans. It made me have panic attacks cuz I felt like I was suffocating. It was awful. Then they took all kinds of tests on my kidneys. I got to watch my kidneys through an ultrasound machine and found that I have two ureters on each kidney. Some of it was fun (the learning and looking at all the pictures of my kidneys)...but the pain...not so much fun. I cancelled so many plans with friends cuz I was sick so frequently. Ugh...glad those days are over.
Anyways, I am reflecting on my kidneys and the disappearance of my kidney pain cuz this Friday I have to go in for my womanly exams. Not a big deal...but every time I go to the doctor, something is wrong with me. And this time...I know I have two aunts...young in age who just had surgeries, and are doing chemo for cancer. I also know that a little over 4 years ago when I got divorced, they found spots on my uterus. I went to the doctor every 6 months for two years so they could do their tests, watch for growth or spreading, and etc. After 2 years, the spots disappeared... (I may get sick a lot...but at least I have the luck of it all going away, right?!?!) so they told me to continue coming in every year. Hmm.... stubborn me...I haven't been back. So... I was supposed to go last week, and I freaked out and didn't go. Of course they called me to reschedule...so I get to go on Friday, and for some reason, I am nervous as all hell.
Ugh...glad to admit that fear and get my worries out. Now maybe I can relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment