Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hmm...Days of Old

I don't know what that title is...don't ask.

I hate March 4th. Any March 4th. Its the day of my ex-husbands birthday. (vomit...) No...it just brings EVERY terrible memory back up on significant days. Thankfully I had a very busy day at work...so I didn't have much time to think about what today was, really. But the working part was kind of exhausting, I must admit.






Another reason today is a sad day is cuz last year on this day, I was headed to Atlanta to be with William. (Hence the pictures above....) A happy day. Cuz that man was one of the most amazing men I ever met. I mean look at his style!! (Well, besides the Yankees hat. I always teased him about that and he swore it was only cuz it matched his sport jacket. Aww..I loved when he wore it anyways.) Talk about a man knowing what a girls wants and needs...he had that figured out to the T. Our first date, he stopped by work to "wow" me and take me to lunch. And the "wow" part he did very well. One time he sent me a picture of him and his two kids and he said, "I thought you might want a picture to go along with the keys you have to his heart." I'm not a crying girl...but who the hell doesn't wanna hear that?!? Spoiled I was. He said the most awesome things. One time I WASN'T in heels...which I usually was with him but we were at our hotel just chillin and I got up...he stood up to kiss me and I remembered how tall 6'5" was compared to me. He laughed and said, "baby, if 6'5" is a problem for you...I will call my doctor right now and make an appointment to get my knees done." haha..he never ceased to make me laugh. He always teased me about smiling all the time, but that smile was cuz he was awesome. He put it there. He once sent me pictures of his house and I responded with "I am looking for something else. I don't know what price you are looking to get, but I gotta ask... So...how much for your heart?" He responded and said, "for you, its free". I wish I could have wrote down all the things he said to me. That man truly taught me to love again...he was the first real love after my divorce. I kind of have this belief that when two people stop talking...its usually with good reason, and they should never try to mend that cuz it's too painful and messy...and really not worth it in the end. All the creams in the world really won't take the scars away... maybe on the surface, but there is still scar tissue between the skin and blood. And it will always be there. Who wants to bump into something wrong and all those wounds to be open again?!? Not me... Its a now or never ride for me. Hmm...that ride was fun. I love him. I think he just might be worth the pain and mess to be with again...argh!

Another upside of things...I got back in contact with an old friend. Lol. Brogan. Now...this is actually hilarious cuz I have wondered about him for a long time and he was like, "dang, why didn't u call me like three months sooner?!? I got married 2 months ago...." Wow...he was SINGLE all that time... wtf was I thinking?!?! He went on to tell me how cool he thought I was and how perfect I was for him... Men and there "wow"ing me.... Its not just stupid compliments I hear all the time that I like...I like when a guy really looks into your personality and tells you what he likes. Not that you are friendly and stuff like that. He said, "I met you and I thought you were beautiful. (my mind screamed GAY!!!) You had grown up on a farm and ridden horses and four wheelers and motorbikes and I knew you were my kind of girl (hm....getting warmer) You were so mysterious (I love that word...) and so fun to be around. Thats why I took you out on the boat with me and my parents...(wow...so I didn't know that was a proposal..and if it was why did you and your dad throw me in the frickin lake?!?!?!) Anyways, I wanted more time with you and thought about you over the last couple years (6 YEARS!!!) but I just figured you forgot about me..." Aww...almost GAY, but cute at the same time. It was good to talk to him though. Oh..that ride is over too. Oops...

Well...since tomorrow is my "Friday" at work, I best be getting to bed. I have SOOOOO much to do tomorrow at work. Projects I really need to finish. Ugh...I am in for a super long day AND I have to go to class tomorrow night.

Friday I am doing something fun... I think I am going to L.A. to shop. And I am making coconut bread. I made croissants earlier this week cuz people at work were BEGGING me... Coconut Bread is soooo good...so thats what I am bringing them Monday. And this weekend, I am going to get my hair re-highlighted and my nails done. (They need it super bad....)

No comments: