Saturday, May 9, 2009

Work....

So I thought about it today...and in the past month, I have only worked a total of 8 days and 4 hours. lol. Crazy to think about...but I got in an accident and hurt my knee. I went to work for 4 hours that day and when I showed my lead and manager my knee, they recommended I go to the ER. I did. It was a miserable time. They wouldn't let me walk cuz it was so swollen so they immediately put me on crutches. Then, after x-rays and such, they told me the impact was too much and it wasn't broken, but I needed to stay off of it for 2-3 weeks, but wrote me out of work for a week to start with...telling me to come back if the swelling hadn't gone down.. I negotiated with my manager (refusing to give him my note from the doctor) and agreed to stay out the rest of that week. The following week, my little brother moved here, coming with his daughter and my mom. So... I put in a week of vacation and was granted it. Yahoo! The following week, I worked a full week (4 days for me...). And last week I was in a really bad situation where I needed to go to Idaho and get my brother. I negotiated the deal and everything ended up working out to where 3 parties could meet in Utah and do our business. But on the ride home on Sunday, we hit a big wind storm in Las Vegas and so when we got into Cali, we decided to stop. My brother and I were both in trucks and he was pulling a huge trailer...so wind was not good. Besides the fact, we had to stop in the horrible wind, playing with fuses until we found one that would make his trailer lights work. Anyways...so Monday I had to call out. So I only worked 3 days this week. Crazy how I still have like 90 vacation hours left! hahahaha

No comments: