Monday, September 28, 2009

Amazing Weekends....

So... I had the most amazing weekend ever. I started it off Thursday night when I went to play softball. It was a fabulous time. Except for when I slid at 3rd on a triple and hurt my knee. When I slide, I make it one movement usually. I am down and when I hit the base, I use that contact to get back up to my knee then feet. Almost in one motion. I hit the base too soon and it kinda made me go to my knee sooner than I should have and its all bruised and swollen. Its cool though. I told William and he is gonna come take care of me. Lol.

So Friday I slept in then went to register my car. It was long overdue. It was a relief to get that done...which is why its on my amazing weekend list. Later that night, I went with the coolest people ever to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. If you have never heard of it, I definitely feel sorry for you. It is one of the nicest, most delicious steakhouses you could ever eat at. Expensive too. Good thing I have good friends cuz I was broke. They had restaurant week so we got an appetizer, 16 oz steak with two sides, and a dessert all for $40. Damn. That was the most tender cut of meat I have ever eaten. They are the best restaurant to ever exist. We watched the sun set over the bay downtown (it was awesome out the window at the restaurant...with the bay right there...sail boats, ships, and the sun setting. PERFECT if you weren't with Jorge. lol. But seriously...he is loud.) and then we went to our favorite hotel to chill and stick our feet in the hot tub. We hung out there for quite a while and it was relaxing.

Saturday I had to go to work for a little bit then I got the groceries for smoothies and made myself some breakfast. The best french toast I have ever made. Very awesome. I watched football for pretty much the rest of the day. And talked to my sister for a good while. It was nice.

Sunday I talked to everyone and their mother. I talked to Casey, who is my only mormon friend in Cali. I talked him into going on a mission when we worked together. He is a convert and one of the coolest kids ever. I freakin miss him. We used to spend like 5 nights a week together hanging out. We would cook dinner at my house or his. Watch movies. Go to the golf range or to the batting cages. We went downtown and walked around for a while. We went to shoot hoops. We would sit about our significant others all night. We were just always hanging out. Anyways... he is proposing to his girlfriend so he called to get my opinion on how to do it. He already has a pretty awesome idea so I didn't help much but we talked for well over an hour about everything thats been going on lately. With his girl and work, with my man and work. I love that kid...seriously. We used to joke that we would have a double wedding. I don't think I am ready yet though. And I sure as heck can't go to the temple.

I also got to talk to my nephew, Taylor. He is such a good kid. I was glad to hear that he wasn't idolizing Adam. I don't want him to end up drinking and doing drugs. I love Adam, but his decisions frustrate me. We talked for a good while too. I love that kid.

Other long lost friends I got to talk to: Ray and Felipe.

And I got to hang out with Ty, which was totally cool. He still tries to get at me sometimes. He was tellin me he wanted to rent out my room. I was like...oh yeah...great idea. Your girlfriend and my boyfriend would love us to move in together again. Lol. What a nerd. He told me he was moving to Texas to get away from his girlfriend. I love this guy and he has been there for me so many times that its pretty hard not to care deeply for him. But who stays with a girl that he doesn't want to be with?!?! Exactly.... nobody. I feel sorry for him. And her.

I watched my Chargers win.

Oh yeah. And a guy gave me a La-Z-Boy couch that is really, really nice. It doesn't have a bed but people said it wasn't comfortable anyways. Maybe the couch would be more comfortable than my hide-a-bed. I would take an uncomfortable bed anyday to a couch or hard floor. But I am definitely different.

I think that just about wraps up my weekend. And now I am out...I need sleep for sure!

No comments: