Amazing weekend. I volunteered and actually led a project. We worked on Baker Elementary playground. The teachers in their school district take their newborn to pre-k kids there for daycare. They are close enough that the mothers/fathers still can breast feed or have lunch with their kids. We made a sitting area with dirt and mulch and put in some stones and some kids benches/chairs. We did some flower planters around the play ground. We built a sand box. We put up some bamboo fence around the chain link fence to keep the pyschotics out...or from lurking. It was a good day. I can't wait til they send me pics of the kids when they see their new playground. I love volunteering and I love the impact it has on the community. two teachers came at the end of the day and were almost in tears at the progress we made in such a short amount of time. It was a beautiful thing. =)
I also went wine tasting with Lex. Awesome day. We spent time at 2 wineries that we always go to and went to a 3rd for a new taste. It was a relaxing time after such hard work earlier in the day. By the time we got home, I was completely exhausted. I went to sleep and slept 11 hours. Yeah...thats what happens when you are productive, I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment