I've got strong opinions on most issues in life. I should have been in debate cuz I can form an opinion, have reasons as to why I think that...and sometimes cuz I'm a nerd, I can give court cases, laws, and such to support my case. And the worst part is... I'll keep going unless I think it will end our relationship.
Today someone asked a simple thing... "If your significant other was or had cheated on you, would you want to know or just go on in ignorant bliss?" Of course I had to speak my mind...and since I might need to read my answer to reassure myself later in life, I decided I probably better be able to read it at a later date... so why not post it here??
I think the question would also be, "Would you really leave the person?" I mean, we can all say that we'd jump up and leave if someone cheated, but I....and some of my best, best friends, have been in this situation. It's easy to say you'd never tolerate it. But when you are really in love... it's hard to let go of everything you had together because of something that will seem so insignificant in all those years. I wouldn't want to know because I've already been in the situation and its hard to forget about. Honestly...bottom line, it'll lead to divorce. Because every time he looks at another girl... every time he is late home from work... every time he doens't answer your call or text you immediately... You will think it is because of someone else. It'll eat at you and it'll drive you both insane. Literally.
You all know that psycho was callin me about my ex. I didn't know he had a girlfriend when I was still seeing him. But when we both found out...I was the lucky one. I got off the hook easy by us not talking anymore and me having a better man to be there for me. Cuz in the end, she drove herself to insanity. She didn't trust him. Not an ounce of trust was left...and it'll ALWAYS be that way when you know someone has cheated. It'll ALWAYS end. Or you'll just stay unhappy and pretend things are fine for the rest of your life.
I've already been there for friends who have been in the situation as well as myself being in the situation. And in the end, all I really wanted and all they wanted was to love and be loved. That is a lot simpler and lot more pure if I don't know every mistake from someone's past. And sometimes it takes that mistake for a significant other to realize, "wow, I messed up. Of all the things I could lose... this person is the one thing I can't lose." and then its over and done. I've seen people come out of something like that and be more in love than they were in the 1st place, but it was cuz the significant other didn't know. It doesn't make it right...but who is perfect? I won't be the person to judge another. And I won't be the person to hurt another. That is one thing I have learned since I left the Burg... just stay out of other people's business. Let them be happy. And don't pity someone. They chose to be where they are. If it makes them happy...let them be. Its that state of mind that Buddhists believe in. I love me some Buddhism. And if you don't know what they believe...study it. Its good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment